Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I rediscovered Vice Versa the other day. I bought it for something like 70 cents at Unique. If you never saw it, it's one of those freaky friday, dad and son switch bodies type of movie. It came out the same year as Big. It's one of those movies I rented a hundred times with my brother when I was a kid, but maybe enjoy more now after recognizing how creepy it is for a little kid to be admiring his dad's penis size and making out with his dad's girlfriend and crap.


Fred Savage is like drinking martinis and plays drums in a rock band and i feel like he calls someone a bitch at some point too. And he was like 8 years old or something.  This was before The Wonder Years also. Now I can only think of him as the mole from Austin Powers.



Used CDs I'm searching for, but can't find:

1. Paul McCartney - Wildlife
This review on amazon.com says "Rich, successful, happily married, and absurdly talented, Paul McCartney had nothing to do, so he recorded Wild Life." It's his first album with Wings and it came out in 1971 right after Ram, which sounds just as bloated and insane. This is the only footage I can find of Paul McCartney from this era.



2. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Acme
I don't really know if I'll like the rest of this album other than "talk about the blues", but it'll probably grow on my me over the next few months if I can just find a copy of it that isn't $16.99 or something.  The "Talk about the blues" music video is my number one inspiration at this point of my life.  Winona Ryder, Giovanni Ribisi, John C. Reilly.




No comments:

Post a Comment